*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
The Dior Summer 2018 makeup collection, Cool Wave, is inspired by “the heat of the sun and an indigo pool”. As we seem to be suddenly in Summer here in the UK, it seems like a perfect day to write about it! Here’s a look at the collection with photos and swatches. Enjoy!
With the sun and swimming pool theme, this collection is all about the contrast of hot and cold in how the products look and feel on the skin. The collection just launched HERE.
Dior Summer 2018 Cool Wave Collection Contents
Peter Philips says, “formulas with a cooling effect in energetic colours melt into sun-kissed skin.”
- 5 Couleurs Cool Wave Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette in 367 Cool Down & 597 Heat Up
- Diorshow Cooling Stick in 001 Bronze, 002 Gold Splash & 003 Fresh Pink
- Dior Addict Lip Tattoo Color Juice in 341 Litchi, 551 Watermelon, 571 Cranberry & 641 Orange
- 6 new Dior Addict Lipsticks in 040 White Splash, 191 Rosy Cool, 411 Nude Chill, 438 Orange Wave, 549 Coral Vibe and 664 Pink Drop
- Dior Addict Lip Maximizer in 001 Pool Blue
- New shades Dior Vernis in 404 Splash, 431 Pow, 541 Wizz, 894 Blop
- Diorskin Mineral Nude Bronze in 01 Soft Sunrise, 02 Soft Sunlight, 03 Soft Sundown, 04 Warm Sunrise, 05 Warm Sunlight, & 06 Warm Sundown
Dior Summer 2018 Cool Wave Swatches
I have a selection from the collection to show you. Here are the photos and swatches.
Cool Down 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette
This is the cool toned edition of the two summer eye palettes. Although these colours aren’t ones I’d use, it’s such a pretty palette with beautifully formulated shadows. I actually really love the deepest tone.
The other palette, Heat Up, has a range of warm tones and is beautiful.
Gold Splash Diorshow Cooling Stick
This eyeshadow stick has a gorgeous cooling texture as you apply it – very similar to the new Bobbi Brown Sparkle sticks but with less glitter. The formula is waterproof, so perfect for Summer. I love the gold shade.
Nude Chill & Pink Drop Dior Addict Lipstick
This is such a great formula and delivers a wonderful juicy lip look thanks to the hydra-gel core.
Pool Blue Dior Addict Lip Maximizer
This is so good! It feels so refreshing and moisturising and instantly makes lips look fuller and enhanced.
It’s very long lasting too.
Dior Vernis in Pow 431
Orange nail polish is my thing, so I’m in love with Pow.
All the nail shades in the collection are bright and playful.
Soft Sunlight Diorskin Mineral Nude Bronze
I love Dior bronzers and this one is just beautiful.
I have shade Soft Sunlight which is perfect for paler skin tones, and with 5 other shades there’s something for everyone.
The Dior Summer 2018 Cool Wave collection is out now and will sell out pretty fast I think. Find it HERE.
Find the Facebook page here.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.