*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
It has been quite a while since I have tried something new from Dermalogica and I have to say it was the name that drew me into this one. I have been testing out Dermalogica HydraBlur Primer with rather pleasing results. Here are the details along with photos to demonstrate how it works.
So what I find appealing about this primer is that it’s not just about making your foundation look and last better but it actually has a proper skincare focus too.
Dermalogica HydraBlur Primer Features
- Blurs the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Mattifies oily shine
- Creates a silky, smooth finish
- Offers intense moisturisation
- Refines enlarged pores
Dermalogica HydraBlur Primer Key Ingredients
- H2ORelease™ Complex of sodium hyaluronate, algin and trehalose to optimise hydration levels & provide skin flexibility and smoothness
- Abyssinian Seed Oil – smooths skin texture and tone by creating a non-occlusive film. Helps maintain critical moisture balance, without clogging pores
- Mattifiers – reduce oily sheen and disguise the appearance of fine, dry lines and imperfections
- Mushroom extract – reduces pore visibility and size
- Wu-Zhu-Yu (evodia rutaecarpa) fruit extract – enhances skin radiance by boosting microcirculation
- Micro-encapsulated tint – releases upon application to provide neutral coverage
You use Dermalogica HydraBlur Primer over your moisturiser to ‘optimise skin health whilst also preparing skin for makeup’.
Dermalogica HydraBlur Primer Swatch
It contains very subtle micro-encapulated pigment which bursts as you massage it on to the skin to give a very light coverage.
Dermalogica HydraBlur Primer Before & After
There’s a slight difference in lighting because there was a time lag in between the before and after shot, but I think it shows that pores are minimised and the skin has a more even tone.
I am really liking this. I used my new YSL Touch Eclat foundation that I love and I found that I needed only half the normal amount to achieve a pretty flawless finish. My skin stayed comfortable, smooth and hydrated throughout the day too.
Dermalogica HydraBlur Primer is £38 and is available and in stock HERE
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.