*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I tested out the new Dermalogica Active Clay Cleanser when my skin had a bit of a wobble a few weeks ago and I found it super effective at balancing and healing. Here are all the details for you.
This new cleanser has been formulated to gently cleanse complexions prone to oiliness without disrupting the skin’s natural barrier. I was really enthusiastic about testing this out because I love products that work to preserve the skin’s microbiome (natural, healthy bacterial balance) with the use of prebiotics. They work with the skin and not against it.
What is Dermalogica Active Clay Cleanser?
- NEW Active Clay Cleanser delivers powerful prebiotics to the skin
- Prebiotic dual-action clay and charcoal formula
- Removes pollution and daily grime
- Works to nourish the skin’s beneficial bacteria
- Brings the natural microbiome back into balance
- Keeps oil and sebum production in check
- Protects skin’s moisture barrier
- Proven to deliver 30% more cleansing power than the Dermal Clay Cleanser*
- Kaolin Clay absorbs excess oil
- Activated Binchotan Charcoal powerfully absorbs impurities to help balance skin
- Botanical lipids and Murumuru Seed work together to attract and remove excess oil from skin while helping to protect its natural lipid
barrier and promote a healthy microbiome
- Bioflavonoid-rich complex of Citrus, Aloe and Broccoli Extract helps purify pores while leaving skin smooth, refined and revitalised
I have added the Dermalogica Active Clay cleanser so my rotation because it’s the perfect solution for if my skin is feeling congested, if I can feel a spot coming or if one has suddenly arrived. I had a spot a few weeks ago and used this morning and night for two days, following with the Star Face spot stickers, and it went away super fast.
Whilst giving the skin a deep clean, you can feel how gentle this formula is because it doesn’t strip, and in fact leaves the complexion comfortably hydrated.
I use about a third of the product you see above. The texture is smooth and creamy which makes it feel really luxurious and indulgent to use. Dampen your face and then work it into the skin in a light layer. You hardly need any to get good coverage, so this big tube will last a long time. You simply rinse it away and you are left with supersoft, clean skin. I think it works excellently on areas of congestion, and it great for preventing breakouts if you feel one coming.
Where to buy Dermalogica Active Clay Cleanser
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Before you go, check out some mood boosting products.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.