*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
If you have sensitive skin in need of a serious hydration boost then you need to check out the brand new Avene Tolerance Extreme Mask. Here are all the details.
This new mask has been designed to soothe and calm skin and is particularly suited to sensitive skin. The formulation is enriched with Avene’s thermal spring water which is famous for its anti-irritating benefit.
Avene Tolerance Extreme Mask Features
- Intensely soothing and calming mask for all skin types.
- Refreshing texture as it is applied to the skin
- Deeply nourishes skin without feeling heavy
- Allows skin to breathe
- Provides a concentrated boost of hydration
- Uses just seven ingredients
- Works in just five minutes
- Skin feels comforted and plumped
- Suitable for even hypersensitive skin
- Uses innovative sterile packaging to remove the need for preservatives
Avene Tolerance Extreme Mask Key Ingredients
- Avène Thermal Spring Water – clinically proven to be soothing and anti-irritating
- Glycerin – a plant based moisturising agent that locks in hydration
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride – a nourishing yet breathable emollient
- Behenyl Alcohol – creates a film to protect the skin’s barrier
- Shea butter – a soft , creamy emollient
- Safflower oil – a nourishing oil, rich in anti-free radical tocopherol (Vitamin E)
- Sodium Acrylates / C10-C30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer -Texturizing agent to help the product spread easily and absorb quickly
Sterile Cosmetics Packaging
The packaging is extremely clever. It is completely sterile and no air can get in and out. Why can’t all packaging be like this? The formula is entirely protected without the need for any preservatives or parabens; and this is why it’s able to have such a simple ingredients list.
It feels so good as you apply it. I use it in a thick layer, leave it on for five to ten minutes and it really locks hydration into the skin and really plumps it up. This would be great to use as a quick treatment to prep skin for special occasion makeup or on holiday if your skin is feeling parched and sensitive due to the sun and sea.
Although I don’t have sensitive skin per se, it does become sensitised when I do too much to it. It can feel a little stingy, and go red easily, especially when my hayfever is going wild. This is the gentlest hydrator but super effective. When my skin is well hydrated, it is plumper, bouncier and my pores look tighter. That’s how I want my skin to be!
What’s also good with this is that you can use it as often as you like. You can never be too hydrated right? Because it’s light, it doesn’t overload the skin. Last night I used it as a night mask and my skin is firm, rested and calm today.
The Avene Tolerance Extreme Mask is available HERE now. The regular price is £15, however, it is currently on offer with 25% off.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.