*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
If, like me, you love a good mask then you will be very excited about the Vichy Mineral Mask Range. There are three brand new and brilliant masks, each charged with Vichy’s iconic Mineralising Thermal Water plus a range of other super effective minerals delivering different benefits. There’s the Vichy Pore Purifying Clay Mask, Vichy Quenching Mineral Mask and Vichy Double Glow Peel Mask and I have been testing them all out! Here’s the low down.
Each mask in the range has been designed to deliver results fast and only have to be left on the skin for about five minutes. Plus they are super gentle so are even suited to sensitive skin types.
Vichy Mineral Mask – Pore Purifying Clay Mask
I love a clay mask so this was the first one I tried. This one is super gentle, not at all drying and leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and clear:
- Infused with two fine white clays (Kaolin and Bentonite)
- Immediately unclogs pores & purifies skin
- Enriched with Vichy’s Mineralising Thermal Water & plant extracts
- Leaves skin feeling soothed and soft to touch
- Ideal for combination to oily skin with congested and clogged pores
- Suitable for sensitive skin
This is a perfect mask for my combination skin, however, it is so gentle that I think even drier skin types would benefit from it’s detoxifying and unclogging action. I actually did a bit of multi-masking with this trio, and used this one first. Find it here.
Vichy Mineral Mask – Double Glow Peel Mask
I think this is the mask I was most excited about. I mean who can resist a product with the words ‘Double Glow’ in the title?
- Watery gel texture
- Infused with Volcanic Rock to remove dead skin cells
- Double peel action by gentle exfoliation to illuminate skin tone
- AHAs gently exfoliate the skin
- Volcanic Rock particles accelerate exfoliation with mechanical action
- Skin texture feels more refined and fresh with a brighter and more even skin tone
- Ideal for dull, tired and sensitive skin
This is my absolute favourite type of exfoliator. The double action that combine enzymatic and mechanical exfoliation – while AHAs loosen dead skin cells, the gentle texture of Volcanic Rock physically sweeps the dead skin cells away. It’s a partnership of perfection.
In my multi-masking session, I used this 2nd, after the clay one. My skin was absolutely glowing. Find it here.
Vichy Mineral Mask – Quenching Mineral Mask
Finally, this is the one that’s all about a fast surge of hydration and the perfect finale if you are going for the trio in a multi-masking fest!
- Fresh watery gel mask
- Enriched with Vitamin B3 and Vichy’s Mineralising Thermal Water
- Glycerin hydrates
- Menthoxypropanediol refreshes
- Provides an intense relief to thirsty, uncomfortable skin
- Leaves skin feeling immediately hydrated, soothed and refreshed
- Ideal for dry, dehydrated and sensitive skin
I used this mask last, and smoothed it over my skin before I went to bed. It is cooling and refreshing and I woke up to the softest, most hydrated and happy skin. You can leave this for 5 minutes before massaging in the excess, but I think this makes the perfect overnight mask.
I love all the new Vichy Mineral Masks and if you are looking for a new mask wardrobe then I would honestly recommend all three as they each offer benefits for all skin types. If I had to choose one it would be Double Glow Peel, but that’s because I love exfoliating and am obsessed with brightening my complexion. They are all excellent and brilliant value at £14 each.
I am keen to pursue my multi-mask approach once a week as I was so pleased with the results. The range is available online HERE now. Use code: SKINCARE20 to get 20% off. (Ends 14th June 2016).
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.