*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
- Mineral makeup like Sheer Cover® is ideal for Christmas parties as it’s long-lasting and oil-absorbing so you won’t be shiny in photos
- For dry skin, exfoliate once a week and use a mineral primer under your makeup to make sure foundation glides on smoothly and stays put
- Use a specific eye concealer instead of foundation around the delicate eye area. Don’t be heavy handed with light reflecting concealers especially for photographs as the flash can bounce off the concealer creating a white ring around the eye. Instead use a soft, matte concealer on under-eye circles for flawless photos.
- Keep your complexion fresh and natural – don’t overcompensate with bronzer to conceal pale winter skin
- A soft pink blusher on the ‘apples’ of the cheeks with a touch of bronzer under the cheekbones is more flattering than allover bronzer which can flatten features in pictures as opposed to highlighting them
- Emphasize your lashes! Use a double coat ; a good quality mascara won’t damage lashes even if used day and night – use mineral mascara or go with high-impact false lashes – cut them to fit your eyes and then apply after mascara
- Double cleanse! Cleansing is the most important part of a beauty routine. Finding a regime that controls imperfections and leaves skin clean will mean your moisturiser is more easily absorbed and you have to wear less makeup
- Follow the glamorous winter fashion trends and play with high-impact makeup for evening but only ever focus on a strong lip OR a strong eye application, but never both at once!
- The Mad-Men 1950’s look is really popular at the moment and flattering to most skintones. Use a slick of red lipstick, gloss or stain to mimic Christina Hendricks
- A shimmery grey eyeshadow looks great on all eye colours and is less severe than black. It can be worn on it’s own during the day and with black liner for evening. Mineral shadows tend to be crease resistant and are perfect for sensitive eyes
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.