*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Philosophy’s latest launch is a skincare and makeup duo that promises to deal with a whole host of imperfections including blotchiness, enlarged pores, redness, dark spots, acnes scars and roughness. Definitely a multi-tasker I’d say! So basically if there’s anything you don’t like about your skin Philosophy No Reason to Hide says it can fix it! That got me very excited!
Philosophy No Reason to Hide has been formulated as a two step routine to deliver long terms results alongside immediate improvements. It is like the best of both worlds.
Philosophy No Reason to Hide – 2 Steps
- Philosophy No Reason to Hide Multi-Imperfection Transforming Serum
- Philosophy No Reason to Hide Instant Skin Tone Perfecting Moisturiser / CC Cream
The serum is designed as a daily treatment to improve the appearance of skin-tone imperfections and the moisturiser contains booster ingredients, sun protection and coverage to maintain treatment, deliver immediate visible improvement and protect from imperfection causing damage.
Philosophy No Reason to Hide Multi-Imperfection Transforming Serum
This has been formulated as a dark spot corrector, calming cream and refining serum all in one to treat:
- dark sports
- acne marks
- rough texture
My main concerns are pores, pigmentation, redness and marks so it got me so excited.
Philosophy No Reason to Hide Formula
In a 12-week clinical study, No Reason to Hide Multi-imperfection Transforming Serum was proven to to help interrupt the lifecycle of dark spots and post-acne marks using:
- exclusive marine and botanical extracts—works to neutralize the initial pigment-creating signals of a dark spot to minimize formation on the skin
- concentrated niacinamide—a form of vitamin b3 at the highest concentration that works along the entire biological pathway of a dark spot to help diminish their appearance on skin.
- active vitamin c (ascorbyl glucoside)—the most stable form of a renowned anti-aging and anti-pigmentation multi-tasker.
to help soothe & neutralize the look of redness and blotchiness
- bisabolol—a form of chamomile extract used as a soothing anti-irritant
- salicylic acid to clear darkened pores and refine rough texture: —a well-known, recognized ingredient to address rough texture via cellular turnover and activate melanin excess elimination to clear and shrink enlarged, darkened pores
Philosophy No Reason to Hide Instant Skin Tone Perfecting Moisturiser
This is a tinted cream that perfects the skin’s appearance by evening it out and adding a radiant, natural looking finish. It has borad spectrum SPF20 to protect from environmental assault and and also a “maintenance dose” of Philosophy’s skin tone transforming ingredients to prevent the formation of further imperfections.
Philosophy No Reason to Hide Clinical Trial
Clinical and self-assessment studies for the Philosophy No Reason to Hide Multi-Imperfection Transforming Serum showed:
- in 4 weeks: 88% of women showed a significant reduction in the appearance of red spots and blotchiness
- in 8 weeks: 94% showed a dramatic correction in the look of dark spots, revealing remarkably even skin-tone
- in 12 weeks: 100% of women showed transformative improvement on multiple skin imperfections
Philosophy No Reason to Hide Instant Skin Tone Perfecting Moisturiser self-assessment study showed:
- 93% felt skin was more hydrated and even toned
- 90% saw less visible pores
- 83% had more radiant skin
I have been using serum for about 2 weeks and have noticed a brightening in my complexion overall. I haven’t been using it long enough to see the full potential of the product just yet. I did actually notice the brightening fairly quickly which is very promising. I also think the redness I have on my chin area is a little improved and my pores seem tighter I think.
It’s a lovely serum to use. It has a lotion texture that sinks in quickly – less is more and if I over-apply then it pills when I apply moisturiser.
Philosophy No Reason to Hide Instant Skin Tone Perfecting Moisturiser Before & After Photos
Before (please excuse the kitten scratch!):
I really like the finish of this perfecting moisturiser/CC Cream. It has a beautiful creamy texture that feels so good on my skin yet doesn’t leave a shine. It looks and feels velvety to the touch. It is perfect for no makeup days or can be used as a primer under foundation when you want to look ultra flawless – particularly good if your skincare or foundation contains no SPF.
Also you know that it is keeping up the good work of the serum!
Philosophy No Reason to Hide launches in the UK 4th February 2015. The serum is £48 and the skin perfecting moisturiser is £28. You’ll find it at Boots, John Lewis and Philosophy. It is already out in Sephora so if you are in the US, or want a read of the customer reviews, check it out there.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.