*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Well I am beyond in love with the MAC Philip Treacy Collection and I have to say it is all about the lipsticks, and there’s one in particular that has knocked my socks off!! Here’s some information all about it and a little look. Enjoy!
MAC Philip Treacy Collection Contents
So this is a pretty concise collection for MAC, which I like, as some of them are so hugely that it’s completely overwhelming:
- No Faux Pas Lipstick – yellow hot pink (matte) £15.50
- Cardinal Lipstick – yellow burgundy red (satin) £15.50
- Hollywood Cerise – magenta berry (satin) £15.50 (I have been calling this Refined Violet).
- High-Light Powder in Nude Pink – champagne base with silver £23
- High-Light Powder in Blush Pink – light pink with silver £23
- Royal Wink Fluidline – bright ink blue £15.50
- Blue Peep Fluidline – bright flat teal £15.50
- Genuine Treasure Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Genuine Treasure £15.50
So we have some absolutely stunning colour here, and as I said, I’m obsessed with one lipstick in particular!
MAC Philip Treacy Collection Swatches
Hollywood Cerise Lipstick:
Royal Wink Fluidline:
I love all these shades. I love an accent colour for eyes but I have to say, I didn’t find the texture of royal wink too easy to work with. It is a tiny bit drier than other Fluidine shades I have tried, so you have to really work the formula to get it going. Having said that, once it’s on it really sets and is super longlasting.
I love Cardinal, it is the perfect red for wearing with minimal makeup for a simple, yet chic look.
And then I am just OBSESSED with Hollywood Cerise, which I have been calling Refined Violet as this was the early sample name. It is one of the most gorgeous lipsticks I have ever laid eyes on. I think I may even like it more than Electric Pink from Tom Ford.
It lasts all day, stays super vibrant and really lights up my complexion. LOVE IT. It’s limited edition which totally scares me. I think I am going to need a back up!
MAC Philip Treacy Collection is out now. Everything I have mentioned here is limited edition and available at MAC Pro Stores, Free Standing Stores in Liverpool and Spitalfiends, also Harrods, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols London & Edinburgh, Fenwick Brent Cross and John Lewis Southampton.