*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I am a bit skeptical when it comes to cream eyeshadows although it’s been a long time since I last tried them. I’ve always thought they were a waste of money that gave this weird shimmer to my eyes. I don’t like shimmery eye makeup as a rule. I feel that it doesn’t come out very well on me in photos and photos are what stick with you all your life. So when some Glo Minerals Cream Stay Shadow Sticks arrived at my door I wasn’t especially hopeful.
However, I guess times have changed because these are just amazing. I tried them on my hands first and blended with my finger. The best way to check blend-ability is to test it on your hand first. It gives you a bit of an idea as to what the quality of an eye shadow is like.
My Thoughts On Glo Minerals Cream Sticks:
- They are very easily blendable and buildable
- I just needed a blending brush to evenly distribute it all over my eyes
- They don’t crease
- Perfect for travelling as they won’t break in your bag
Concord is a shade of dark purple with just the perfect amount of shimmer to create a dramatic look. Beam is a a pearly shade of white, best for highlighting your eyes.
How To Create A Purple Smoky Eye Look:
I have always struggled with creating the perfect smoky eye look but these Glo Mineral Eye Shadow Sticks, for some reason, made it much easier.
Here’s how I did it:
- I applied foundation all over my face and eyes
- Next, I dotted lines of the Glo Minerals Concord Cream Stick over the crease and corners of my eyes.
- I blended them thoroughly with a Soho blending brush
- Then I built the colour up blending and building until I achieved a smoky look
- I applied Urban decay black eyeshadow to the crease and corner of my eyes, blending it right up to my brows.
- I applied the Glo Minerals Stick in Beam to my brow bone and tears ducts, blending it with my finger
- Next, I applied Eyeko Fat Eyeliner on my upper lash line
- On the water-line I applied Rodial black gel eyeliner
- I finished the look with some Chanel Black Noir 10 Mascara and an Eyeko eyebrow filler.
Try this look and let us know what you think in the comment below.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.