*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
My eyes absolutely lit up when I pulled Caudalie Premier Cru The Elixir out of its box. For a start, the word elixir is one of my favourites of all time and in spite of the fact that it is just a word, it has serious power over me. It conjures up ideas of drinking from the fountain of everlasting youth and the return to baby skin. I get very excited!
And although my ideas about the power of an elixir are pretty dramatic, the theory behind Caudalie Premier Cru The Elixir is very much on the same lines…perhaps a tad more realistic!
Co-founder of Caudalie skincare, Mathilde Thomas, wanted to offer women a new ‘beauty ritual’. She came up with Caudalie Premier Cru The Elixir which she refers to as a ‘youth-booster’ that will ‘transform and enhance the skin’.
Caudalie Premier Cru The Elixir Formula
The texture of this fluid is absolutely beautiful. I knew that I liked this from the very first drop. It very much reminds me of a lotion/essence type product – you know, water but thicker, but with a touch of oil blended in. It is, in fact, part oil and part serum composed of 99.5% natural ingredients.
There’s an impressive cocktail of anti-ageing actives at work here, including 3 exclusive Caudalie patented ingredients:
- Stabilized Vine Resveratrol – anti-wrinkle and firming agent
- Viniferine – grapevine extract with anti-dark spot properties for even tone and radiance
- Grape-seed Polyohenols – powerful anti-oxidants to fight ageing free radicals
There are also 5 anti-ageing plant oils:
- Sandalwood Kernel – rich in rare Omega 7 which smooths and soothes dry skin
- Jojoba Oil – infused with Padina pavonica alga extract which helps skin retain moisture for a plumped effect
- Organic Prickly Pear Oil – great for brightening skin
- Coriander Oil – the perfect delivery agent for active ingredients and an intensive moisturiser
- Grape-seed Oil – with nourishing & repairing properties, rich in Omega 6 for moisture regulation for all skin types
Caudalie Premier Cru The Elixir – Clinical Trials
22 volunteers applied The Elixir twice daily for 28 days:
- 91% reported smoother skin
- 86% felt skin was more even
- 95% said skin was more radiant
- 86% said skin appeared younger
I find those stats pretty exciting, as that is just one month of use. Even I can manage that, and actually, that would probably be quite easy because this really has become an instant obsession. I see so much skincare that I don’t often feel like that!
Caudalie Premier Cru The Elixir comes in a 29ml dropper bottle which costs £49 or $99 USD. It is already available in the US at Sephora and launches here in the UK in January 2015. Find Caudalie HERE.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.